Akwa Ibom Covid-19 Update: Guildlines For Reopening Of Schools and Exit Classes in Akwa Ibom State. The Akwa Ibom State government has announced the requirements which must be met as reopening of school commences. The Akwa Ibom State Government urges that we comply with this as we fight corona virus as a state.
To be able to return our students back to school, these are the minimum standard that has to be allowed:
- Provision of adequate number of classrooms for physical distancing.We prescribe that no class should have more than 20 students. This gives room for effective management, monitoring, contact tracing incase of any infection.
- All Candidates Must Wear a FaceMask: Parents are mandated to provide facemasks for their children.
- All Schools Must Have Running Water: We have to provide borehole in all our schools with a good number of washing points or alternatively provide plastic water reservoirs that will provide running water for washing of hands.
- We must provide washing liquid soaps and handsanitizers for disinfection of ourhands.
- We must provide disposable tissue papers for cleaning of hands after washing.
- We must maintain clean sanitary condition in our lavatories, toilets and urinary.
- Provision of infrared thermometers in all schools.
- We must give special Training to our teachers on how to teach in the Covid-19 Pandemic era.
- We must also sensitize students and parents on the danger and prevention of Corona Virus infection.
- We must carry out fumigation, general cleaning and grass cutting in all our schools.
- We must have at least one make-shift school clinic in case a student falls sick.
- A special toll-free number will be provided to enable easy communication with the Medical Team of the “Covid-19 Committee”in the State in case of emergency.
- On resumption of schools, there will be no Assembly of any nature
- There will also be no break; the students will only be given 5 to 10minutes break to enable them stretch their legs.
- Learners may arrive and depart at different times to avoid overcrowding.
- When weather permits, the use of outdoors shelter for learning should be encouraged as its limits the rate of transmission.
Mrs. Enobong Mbobo
Ministry of Education
Enter you email and subscribe to get latest Akwa Ibom Covid-19 Update